Calmel & Joseph Villa Blanche Viognier

75cl

Keeping to the tradition of the Villa Blanche house, there is a wonderful Mediterranean influence on this wine. The grapes have ripened fully and express the terroir of the region elegantly. This wine is delicately aged with 15% spending three months in new French oak and 85% is aged in tanks on fine lees.

  • €15.00
Calmel & Joseph Villa Blanche Viognier

Keeping to the tradition of the Villa Blanche house, there is a wonderful Mediterranean influence on this wine. The grapes have ripened fully and express the terroir of the region elegantly. This wine is delicately aged with 15% spending three months in new French oak and 85% is aged in tanks on fine lees.

Tasting Notes from Celtic Whiskey Shop and Wines on the Green
Nose Expressive aromas of apricot, peach and citrus notes mingle with faint hints of walnuts.
Palate The palate is superbly fresh with similar flavours to the nose. The balance is beautiful and the finish is long with a very agreeable tartness.
Fact Sheet
Fluid 75cl
Grape Variety Viognier
Maturation 15% aged in new French oak for 3 months and the other 85% is aged in tanks on lees for the same length of time.
Alcohol % 13%
Country France
Region/AOC Languedoc
Vintage 2018
Producer Calmel & Joseph
Food Matching
Food Matching Stunning with seafood and shellfish. Also pair excellently with roast chicken with all the trimmings.

Tags: Wine, White wine, Calmel & Joseph, Viognier, France, Languedoc