A closed distillery that has had a rich and interesting history. Saint Magdelen was the name of convent that previously stood on the site which was also a leper colony before that. Linlithgow was a centre for milling and malting so it made sense to build a distillery. St Magdelen was founded between 1765 and 1798, which means it was most likely an illegal distillery for some time! It was run by the Dawson family right up until 1912 when it was sold to DCL (later to become Diageo). It was mothballed in the downturn of 1983 and never opened. Such a shame because it was a very good distillery producing richly flavoured Lowland malts. There were two pot stills at Saint Magdelen, and the buldings have now been turned into appartments.
There are no products to list in this category.