Calmel & Joseph Villa Blanche Syrah

75 cl

This is a lovely deep dark Syrah, with aromas of blackberry, black currant and fig following right through to the palate. Full bodied with good tannin.

  • €14.95
Calmel & Joseph Villa Blanche Syrah

This is a lovely deep dark Syrah, with aromas of blackberry, black currant and fig following right through to the palate. Full bodied with good tannin.

Tasting Notes from Celtic Whiskey Shop and Wines on the Green
Nose Dominated by black fruit aromas (blackberry, blackcurrant, fig)
Palate The mouth is intense, full bodied with beautiful silky tannins. Ends on a hit of fruit with alcohol.
Colour Beautiful deep dark purple colour
Fact Sheet
Fluid 75 cl
Grape Variety 100% Syrah
Alcohol % 13
Style Dry, Full Bodied
Estate/Producer Calmel & Joseph
Country France
Region/AOC Languedoc
Vintage 2014
Making Techniques The grapes are picked by machine at the optimum maturity, early in the morning to avoid oxidization. Cold maceration for 5 days at 2ºC. Two Syrahs with different profiles are blended: one fresh and lively, the other one mature. 30% of the wine is aged for two months in oak barrels of 2 vintages. The remaining 70% is raised in tanks on fine lees.
Closure Cork
Awards and/or Press Quotes
Jancis Robinson 15/20. ‘Gamey, dark plums and a bit of tarry smoke. Lots of thick chewy tannins, purple tasting, like char-grilled black figs. Not massively long but it has good presence. Drink now-2019’
International Wine Challenge Bronze Medal

Tags: wines on the green, languedoc, calmel and joseph, french wine, wine online, buy wine, shop wine, syrah