Lopez Cristobal Bagus

75 cl

Bagus is a single vineyard wine, produced from vines which are over 80 years old and grow at an altitude of 850m. This Tempranillo is only produced from vintages that the producer, Galo Lopez, deems of sufficient quality.

  • €43.00
Lopez Cristobal Bagus

Bagus is a single vineyard wine, produced from vines which are over 80 years old and grow at an altitude of 850m. This Tempranillo is only produced from vintages that the producer, Galo Lopez, deems of sufficient quality.

Tasting Notes from Celtic Whiskey Shop and Wines on the Green
Nose Powerful aromas of ripe fruit, spices, chocolate.
Palate Tasty and balanced, with great concentration and meatiness.
Colour Cherry colour with violet notes
Fact Sheet
Fluid 75 cl
Grape Variety 100% Tempranillo
Alcohol % 13.5
Style Dry, full Bodied
Estate/Producer Bodegas Lopez Cristobal
Country Spain
Region/AOC Ribera del Duero
Vintage 2011
Making Techniques Vines are over 80 years old. 80% of the wine is aged in new French oak, the remaining 20% in new American oak for 14 months. All wine then aged for a further 18 months in the bottle before release.
Closure Cork
Cellaring/Ageing Potential Drinking very well now, and will continue to do so for another 10 years
Awards and/or Press Quotes
Decanter World Wine Awards Silver Medal
Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Silver Medal